Friday, September 29, 2006

Rolling Stones

It's a gas gas gas

A little rain didn't stop 50,000 of my closest friends from enjoying 2 hours of the Stones at Churchill Downs tonight. The highlight was an extended "Midnight Rambler"--a serious bluesy foray.

Alice Cooper warmed up and that's the photo here. His band rocked very hard and sounded great. This is the best quality my cell would offer. The stage was huge with two "floors" of audience contained within. I'm not kidding. It almost looked life an office building.

The crowd was wild and into it. I saw joints and open bourbon bottles around me. Everyone was dancing. Mick apologized for the "shit weather" but Keith said bid deal: "I take it as it
comes". Finally, it was fun to see the band perform "Dead Flowers" with its reference to the Kentucky Derby since they were playing at the track.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home