Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Sandra Bernhard

Town Hall is not the best venue in the world. No a/c. Sub-par sound system. Still it's sort of an intimate setting for a few hundred people. Sandra had a good 3-piece rock band walk out first and start up as she then joined for a full version of "Welcome to the Jungle". A good start.

Overall, the show was a bit boring. She seemed politically naive and less intelligent than I had envisioned. Bush knew about 9/11? Yawn. Her band members are all Cancers? So what. I'll bend over backwards in search of a laugh but credulity is strained when the rants involve baseless conspiracy theories and astrology.

The one good note she hit was the ridiculous media obsession with Jon Benet's alleged killer.

I'm so glad a dear friend got me in free instead of paying $50. I wonder if he's a Cancer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home