Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Bob Dylan on XM Radio

As DJ, not musician. I'm listening to Bob's second show of "dreams, schemes and themes" right now. This week's theme: Mothers, for Mother's Day. The first show's theme was Weather. The show is called Bob Dylan's Theme Time Radio Hour.

At the risk of premature hyperbole, it's the best radio show I've ever heard. First, a reclusive legend is actually talking to his audience. Second, his rap is a terrific blend of music history, poetic tangents and humor. Third, it's delivered in his trademark gravelly voice and he sounds like he's been a DJ all his life. Finally, the music is a capaciously eclectic blend of Americana that covers all genres and eras.

Those of us worshiping Dylan as an artist now can praise him for another reason.

2 Comments:

Blogger Matt Wagner said...

Hi, Bob, do you know where I can download this show? Thanks a lot!

5:18 AM  
Blogger Bob said...

Not sure...I gave the link for the show's website but I think you have to be an XM subscriber to listen. I think you can do a 3 day trial and check it out that way. Good luck.

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home